Monday, August 9, 2010

To Change is to Survive: My Grade 4 Science Notebook

My best teacher was Miss Frew. She was my Grade 4 teacher at Allenby PS. I used to get into trouble occasionally for social talking, but we generally liked each other and I learned so much in her class. A few years ago, I ran into her and we got along very well. She was a cool teacher with a full social life and would always bring in brochures and pictures from exhibits and places she visited. We had so many hands-on learning experiences in her class. What a great role model now that I'm a teacher. My folks kept my Science notebook from that year. I loved that we called Science, Environmental Studies back then. I think we should return to that.
I can still remember all of these experiments. The one explained above was connected to viscosity. I remember stacking different liquids. Do they still make Mazola Oil?



I remember we had to learn how a refrigerator works. It was a bit complex for me.
I still managed to make a fairly detailed diagram. I love how she insisted that we use the Scientific Method and label all our diagrams.
Plants...
Prehistoric life...
How fossils were formed...
Thank you Miss Frew!

No comments:

Post a Comment