Saturday, May 14, 2011

Looking for Frogs

Last Sunday, we celebrated my sister's birthday, my dad's birthday, and Mother's Day in St. Catharines. Later in the day, we visited one of my favourite places in the area: Morning Star Mill. It's a historical site with a grist mill and saw mill. You can wander around for free and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
My dad discovered this happy morning dove, guarding her nest.
Duncan was interested in the old-time farm equipment. He was trying to turn the crank.
I've always had a fascination with creeks. I think it's because my family's first cottage had a little creek at the end of the property line. We used to play in it.

We have seen frogs here before, but it wasn't their time yet. Duncan spent a bit of time looking for tadpoles. Maybe next time, we'll take another look.
This bridge looks like an old stone bridge you'd see in Scotland.


No comments:

Post a Comment