Saturday, June 6, 2009

All Booked Up

I wish I could find a teacher to yard sale with. So many books and other great things for the class turn up at yard sales. I hit the jackpot at the Gargantuan Yard Sale today. Books were 10 for $1.00, so I loaded up on books for the class and my son. I bought a chunky Phaidon art book for $1.00 at another sale too. 
How could you not respond to a sign like this? 
Close up of a gorgeous book on Greek mythology. I bought if for $1.00 and it will go in our class library. Kids love mythology. 
Great little book of Jewish folk tales for kids with pictures by Maurice "Where the Wild Things Are" Sendak. It cost me ten cents. 
Detail from the Singer book. 
Today's stash for the class. Cost: $2.80. In this pile, you'll also find a collection of children's folk tales adapted by Ted Hughes, and two Choose Your Own Adventure books, which were huge when I was in Grade 4/5. I'm going to read the Mayan mystery to the class this week to see if they still interest kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment