Saturday, May 30, 2009

Some Goodies For The Class

I haven't been able to load up on items for the class lately at yard sales. Today, I discovered a paprika container of counting sticks at a street sale in East York. These sticks could be used in so many areas of math. I have this dream of having the ultimate classroom with baskets of math manipulatives at the children's disposal. I'm trying to build up a collection of manipulatives on the cheap. When the seller saw me pick up the container, she hurried into her house and came back with a huge bonus bag. "Take them," she insisted. I'm not quite sure what I paid for these. I bought several toys for my son and the woman asked $7.00 for the lot. 

Add a pinch of colourful sticks to help students in patterning, division, fractions, etc.

Besides the counting sticks, I bought an anthology of winter poems for children. It only cost .25. I think I'll keep the paprika container of sticks for Duncan and the bag will end up in my class next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment