Saturday, April 25, 2009

Book Bonanza

Today was the perfect spring day. This morning we went to the Westview Presbyterian Spring Sale. The sale was filled with a wonderful assortment of items at rock bottom prices. I mainly bought books for the classroom (see below), but I also bought two sets of vintage Italian postcard books, some vintage cookbooks, and an old plant stand that even came with matching pots in a charming shade of Grandma's mint green kitchen. The man charged me $1 for the plant stand, but I gave him $2 out of guilt. 
(Below) Signs of the times: Westview rents out space for Highland dancing and yoga. 
(Below) Some of the books I purchased at the rummage sale and a nearby yard sale. I bought at least 20 books and spent not much more than $6. Books included everything from Harry Potter books to science and art books. 
Close up.
(Below) Detail from book on rocks and minerals (which I still have to teach this year.)
(Below) Detail from a children's anatomy book. Charming and factual all at once. 
(Below) My big score. I found three beautiful classic adventure stories (hardcover), and three current books that the kids will gobble up. I know Kenneth Oppel's Firewing will go down well in our class. 
Detail from the inside cover of Treasure Island. 
(Below) Close ups of the covers of my vintage treasures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment