Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dream Space For Teaching


Yesterday was Easter Monday. I took Duncan to Edwards Gardens for a poke around. Inside the main building I discovered a children's botanical classroom and my jaw dropped. This was one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. The room was filled with plants, books, and objects from nature. They used a grow table for fish aquariums and the room had a lovely glow from the natural soft light. I love this room! It was locked, but I still managed to take a few snaps through the window. One of my goals as a teacher is to
create a classroom environment that encourages learning, inspires students, and is as comfortable as possible. 

(below) Duncan flips through a book in the Weston Family Library. (bottom of page) Boxes covered with lamb's ears. What a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment