Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Artsjunktion Stash Part 2

Yesterday, I had a JELI Day. I believe JELI stands for Job Embedded Learning Initiative. New teachers are entitled to these days in the first two years of teaching for professional development. Although I was tempted to bunk down at the Duke of Argyle all day with a Bill Bryson book, I spread the JELI properly. In the morning, I visited a superb 4/5 teacher in the east end of Toronto. She shared some great ideas with me. With her permission, I will post pictures of her students' work down the road. In the afternoon, I went back to Artsjunktion. The pickings were a little skimpier than my first visit, but I still managed to scoop up a few goodies. I even took some pictures inside Artsjunktion. 
Box of empty caulking tubes.  
Billions of empty binders from dreadfully dull sounding companies. 
There are numerous VHS tapes with assorted films I've missed in the day-to-day shuffle of things. 
Slide carousels and old films. The carousels bring back memories of my Dad showing slides of family trips. I can still remember the click of the machine and how we'd all groan in unison when he'd put slides in upside down. 
Acres of loud sports jackets: perfect for dramatic productions. 
Swatches galore.
Tons (or is that tonnes?) o' tubes.
Crusty old skates in need of a good sharpening.
My gigantic spool of two-toned string. 
My spool in better light, along with wallpaper boarder in a pattern that would give Colin and Justin hives. 
Cool Andy Warhol buttons and an old book on Canadian art. Yes, they have many free books at Artsjunktion and hundreds of National Geographics. 
I'm not sure what this is, but I'm using it in Science tomorrow. 
Black powdered tempera in a stylish old tin, black yarn, and yes - Black Mischief. 
More white cloth for our mummies. 
The whole haul (more or less) on display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment