Sunday, July 4, 2010

Big Box 'o Books

I'm teaching Primary next year, so I'm gathering wonderful books for my new classroom library. My folks live in St. Catharines and they told me about a sale at a book warehouse. You fill a box for $30.00. What you see in the picture above is a sample of some of the books I purchased. My dad helped me pack over 30 gorgeous hardcover and paperback books in. That's less than $1.00 per book. I nabbed many science books and some awesome picture books including Skin Again by bell hooks and Knufflebunny. Not bad.
Duncan will have to share some of these. He scooped up several of these "Uncover Animal" books, including the frog book above. Each page reveals a different set of organs, tissue or bones inside the animal. I've never seen such amazing books. I also found numerous pop-up books in mint condition. My class next year will be swimming in books and I'm so happy to get kids excited about reading. Woo-hoo!

Stay tuned for more odds and sods for next year's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment