Thursday, August 27, 2009

Backyard Science Part Two

Biking home from the park today, I discovered this gorgeous dragonfly in the middle of the road. I thought it was dead, so I gently scooped it up and placed it on Duncan's beach towel. When we got home, we realized it was still alive, but possibly injured.
The wings really are a sight to behold. So intricate and beautiful.


I managed to gently coax the dragonfly off the towel and onto the edge of the "Critter Cabin." I'm not sure what to do. Hopefully it will fly away. If it's still there this evening, we'll have to figure out what they eat and drink. We're calling it Mercury.


It's official: Kiki the caterpillar has built a cocoon around herself. Duncan chose the lamb's ear leaf for Kiki because he thought she'd enjoy the softness. Funny thing that she built her cocoon on that leaf. We've turned the leaf over the way we found it and we'll leave Kiki to work her magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment