Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dan Zanes' Great Music for Kids

A few weeks back, my son was watching Playhouse Disney and this guy with tall hair appeared on the screen singing a song that was surprisingly spare and cool. The singer looked like he'd been playing in clubs his whole life. Who was he? Dan Zanes - former singer of The Del Fuegos - a roots rock band from a long way back. I thought I'd share a clip of his music. He's got a CD out called Catch That Train. It would be a great choice in a JK - Grade 3 class. The songs are fun and folky. I like that his bandmates play such a variety of musical instruments. Great tunes!

Here's a short interview with Dan. I love the intro by the father who posted the interview. Check out his little daughter responding to pictures at the beginning. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment