Friday, August 28, 2009

Poster Storage

In the short time I've been teaching, I've amassed a huge collection of posters and anchor charts. At first, I piled them on top of a shelf in the classroom, but as I collected more, it became difficult to find what I needed. In frustration, I rolled them up. This made the problem worse because I still couldn't find what I needed. Often I would find myself hog wrestling curled up posters as the class walked in.
One of my favourite store-bought posters.

This rounding anchor chart took a while to make. I wanted to keep it.

Last year, I was visiting the office of Leslie Pike, an instructional leader in Math. I noticed that she had her posters hanging on a garment rack from Ikea using wooden clamp hangers. What a brilliant idea. Off I went to the great Swedish retailer. The rack cost about $20.00. The hangers cost also came from Ikea. If my memory serves me well, they cost $1.49 each.

The rack was in my classroom last year, but it took up a lot of space, so it's now in our basement (hence the dark photos and basement clutter).
Organization: the final frontier!

No comments:

Post a Comment